Assignment 1 - Full Scale Roughs

Having chosen the movie(cinema) and sleeping idea, I went to research on ways to improve the look of it. For the movie, I went to Cathay and GV website to have a look at how their online booking system looks like. There were a lot of details in the graphical view like price of seat and etc however I wanted to keep it simple. I'm always reminded by the concept of "KISS" which stands for Keep It Simple Stupid. Too many unnecessary details leads to distractions.

For the second idea of movie, I decided to use a movie ticket as the concept. One identify easily about movies when there's a ticket so I wanted to explore more towards that line.



For the sleeping idea, I decided to make the human character in the drawing more interesting and more appealing. I also decided to add curves to the seats to increase the overall appeal of the picture.

The second idea was a suggestion from a friend. The use of hammock and two trees to make a U. With the idea in mind, I build other objects around it to make it seem like a nice picture with birds forming the letter 'Z' and shadow of the tree to form the "L".

0 comments: