Assignment 1 - Digitised

It's been hell of a week with the sudden rush of assignments and quizzes. Finally I have time to update and here goes!

I presented my sketches during tutorial and I have noted comments given by fellow colleagues. Everyone seems to like the movie theatre idea and had no problems identifying the concept and my name on it. However, for the sleeping idea, quite a number had troubles identifying the letter "U" for the sketch with the person sitting on a chair. Julian our fellow tutor also commented that the person looks fat and suggested to keep everything in proportion to better identify the items and letters. Many also had trouble identify the letters for the second sleeping idea with the person sleeping on a hammock.

With all that in mind, I decided to use the movie theatre idea and the sleeping idea (person on chair) as my final 2.

Using Illustrator, I played around with the use of colours and below are the results:

A1 Movie

Initially, I went to all the local cinema websites and took a look at the colour used for their online booking system. I discovered that all of the websites have a boring and dull colour combination and decided to try a more adventurous approach for colours. After some trial and error, I found a good combination of red and green that complement each other.

A1 Sleeping

I've changed the position of the person sitting on the chair for an upright position to a more laid back position. I made the body follow the shape of the "U" chair and made use of colours to further emphasize on the different letters.

0 comments: